Latest Free YouTube Video:
This Week’s Wrestling Observer Bulletin:
- Match and performer of the week
- 2022 Hall of Fame ballot, rules, everyone eligible, thoughts on this year’s election and the strongest candidates. Which candidates in this year’s ballot did the best in last year’s ballot
- TripleMania, the story behind the show, show business, news ratings, poll results and star ratings
- WWE PPV changes, Crown Jewel ratings and updates on upcoming PPV shows
- Dana White starts new promotion with Lorenzo Fertitta and two new fight ideas he is working on
- The life of Humberto Garza, grandfather of two WWE stars and father of Hector Garza. Garza, who died last week, was a very important star in Mexico and a look at his career
- Full coverage of Saturday’s UFC show and the show’s offshoots.
- A look at the career of Jose Rivera, one of the key elements of Puerto Rico’s wrestling boom, including a look back at the growth of the WWC and his biggest feud ever
- The ratings for each show, including the performance of each segment and details of the AEW vs. NXT head-to-head on Tuesday
- First 100% female show in the history of a major promotion
- First female main event on a Middle Eastern broadcast
- CMLL star gives unique reason why he’s been gone for so long
- The business of TripleMania
- More details on an upcoming wrestling show on Disney+
- Two starts from the same promotion were in the national team in the same competition
- Royal Quest Best Matches
- New Japan TV Title Tournament Update
- More details on Shocker’s arrest
- Which wrestlers are making the most money on Cameo?
- Jim Lyman Tournament News
- Two stars chasing a fourth NCAA title
- Last Week’s WWE and Impact PPV Numbers
- Adam page update
- Update on the ramifications of the fight after All Out and where things stand with who stays and who goes
- More details on Chris Jericho’s contract
- Tony Khan, Dana White and Vince McMahon are all scheduling major events on the same day
- Learn more about the new AEW reality show
- Learn more about AEW in Toronto
- AEW star makes announcement on Mayweather show
- Upcoming ticket sales for AEW and WWE events
- DAZN back in MMA
- Dwayne Johnson and a possible sale to WWE
- UFC owners talk potential sale to WWE
- Notes on Bray Wyatt’s return
- International TV Ratings
- Number of DVR viewers for all shows so far this year
- Royal Rumble Update
- Lots of injury updates
- The Real Story About Why Billy Gunn Wasn’t At The DX Reunion On Raw
- Streaming numbers for AEW and WWE
This week’s Retro Observer newsletter:
Order the printed Wrestling Observer now and have it delivered by courier, sending your name, address, Visa or Master card number and expiration date to [email protected] or by going to www.paypal .com directing funds to [email protected].
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40, and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40, and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40, and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to PO Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in all price ranges.
Saturday News Update
- Last Night’s SmackDown averaged 2.163 million viewers in the National Rapids, up slightly from the 2.129 million the show drew in the Nationals Rapids last week. The rating in the 18-49 demo was 0.5.
- WWE announced an update on storyline injuries on Sheamus after being attacked by The Bloodline on SmackDown: “BREAKING: Due to the attack earlier tonight by #TheBloodline, @WWESheamus has an undisplaced fracture near his elbow and is still under observation.” During the attack, The Bloodline targeted Sheamus’ arm by hitting him repeatedly with a steel chair against the steps.
- A new message from Bray Wyatt aired on SmackDown last night.
- During an interview on the Roman Atwood podcast, Goldberg said he has two months left on his WWE contract.
- Wrestling Barcelona thanked Sasha Banks to come train with them.
- Solo Sikoa talked about trying not to laugh while working with Sami Zayn: “We do rehearsals and [Zayn] said, ‘We will do this, this and this.’ Then when we got there, I was like, ‘Man, you didn’t do this or that. Why didn’t you tell me you were going to do this? You are all in my face laughing. He’s like, ‘Man, I’m going to crack you up. I’m gonna make you laugh one of these days, and he’s still trying. I try my best not to. It’s difficult.”
- This weekend is Johnny Gargano’s first house show loop since returning to WWE.
- The Orlando Sentinel interviewed Shawn Michaels.
- Chucky narrated the opening video for tonight’s NXT Halloween Havoc event.
- Liv Morgan, Damage CTRL and Rey Mysterio appeared on The SmackDown LowDown.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded Edge vs. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman (Rebellion 2002), Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn (Backlash 2018) and a DX/Brothers of Destruction segment (October 29, 2018 Raw ).
AEW / Other Wrestling
- Westin Blake (former WWE wrestler Wesley Blake) shared a moving tribute to his late wife Sara Lee:
- Dear Sarah,
- I loved you from the first moment I saw you. I would always say you were an angel walking this earth. Beautiful, compassionate, strong and so loving. An angel who blessed me with 3 of the most beautiful children I could imagine. But you were so much more than just a mom. You were a motivator, a best friend, a sister, a daughter, an aunt, the backbone of our family and (my favorite), my wife. I really don’t know what to say in these uncertain times. I just know death can’t take away the memories we’ve made. I can’t promise I’ll stop crying but now I know you’re free. I can’t thank you enough for giving me the best years of my life so far.
- I LOVE YOU SARA
- At the end of last night’s Rampage, AEW released an in memoriam video for Brian “Mongo” Muster. Muster, who was AEW’s lead video engineer, died suddenly earlier this week. AEW too paid tribute to Muster at the Daily’s Place after Rampage went off the air.
- Billy Gunn discussed his current run in AEW with The Acclaimed: “I’m supposed to be at the end of my career, not [as] more than I was 20 years ago. I am very lucky. I love that.
- First Coast News in Jacksonville interviewed Tony Khan earlier this week.
- Celebrity officially unveiled the design for the IWGP Women’s Championship belt today. Here is a better look at the title belt.
- GCW’s Brett Lauderdale appeared on The Business of The Business podcast.
- WBEZ Chicago has published an article about the history of professional wrestling in the city.
#Daily #Update #Notes #SmackDown #Goldberg #Westin #Blake