Prince Harry reportedly found it “cathartic” to write about his “traumatic” childhood for his upcoming memoir.
“At this point there are no regrets,” a royal insider told Us Weekly, adding that while it was “cathartic” it was also a “very difficult process.”
“And very difficult for him to recount some traumatic events from his childhood,” the source added.
Harry notably lost his mother, Princess Diana, when she died in a car accident on August 31, 1997, when he was just 12 years old. Her brother, Prince William, was 15 at the time.
The Duke of Sussex is said to have written about his life in a way that “plays down the fallout”, according to the source.
“Harry has worked hard to strike a balance that will hopefully minimize the fallout caused by this book,” the insider said, adding that Harry tries to stay “true to his principles” and keep his editors “happy. at the same time”. ”
“I don’t think it was meant for me,” Barefoot said…
While Harry was working with a ghostwriter on “Spare,” he apparently had full say in what happened in his book and had plenty of time to do so.
“[He] didn’t feel rushed and finished the manuscript on his own terms,” the source told the website.
Harry shared last year that his book is supposed to be about his life as a man, not a prince.
“I write this not as the prince that I was born, but as the man that I have become,” Harry said in a statement after Page Six announced he was writing his tome. “I’ve worn many hats over the years, literally and figuratively, and I hope that by telling my story – the ups and downs, the mistakes, the lessons learned – I can help show that few no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think.
Despite his intentions, a royal expert claims Harry’s book will be detrimental to members of his royal family.
“The consequences of this will be far-reaching and could be very destructive,” royal author Richard Fitzwilliams told the Daily Mail this week.
Fitzwilliams further claimed that the title of the book is “sensational” and “implies that [Harry] was not valued or… that he did not feel at the center of events.
The expert also alleged that Buckingham Palace was “very worried, especially as these are the first months of King Charles’ reign”.
Fitzwilliams said he thought Harry “should have waited many years” to tell his story.
Royal expert Tom Bower also exclusively told Page Six last month that the family were “extremely nervous” about the memoir, even calling it a “ticking time bomb”.
The 38-year-old royal has announced that ‘Spare’ will be released on January 10, 2023, nearly four months before the official coronation ceremony of his father, King Charles III.
Charles’ coronation will take place on May 6, 2023, a date many consider a snub to Harry and his wife Meghan Markle.
Charles, 73, became king immediately after Queen Elizabeth II died in September and his wife Camilla assumed the title of queen consort.
His family members are said to be unhappy with Harry for posting a memoir about his life as a royal, especially since he and Markle stepped down from their royal duties in 2020 and moved to California where they reside with their two children: Archie and Lilibet.
The couple have since spoken out against the royal institution, and Markle even claimed in a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey that ‘the company’ did nothing when she sought help after having thoughts suicidal.
Harry and the “Suits” alum, 41, have since signed several deals to share their side of the story with platforms such as Netflix and Spotify.
#Prince #Harry #regrets #detailing #traumatic #childhood #book